As new technologies and digital business models reshape economies and disrupt incumbencies, interest has surged in the potential of frontier technologies to contribute to positive changes in international development and humanitarian contexts. Widespread adoption of new technologies is also acknowledged as centrally important to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Using industry research along with professional experiences, ICED designed this toolkit to explore the application, benefits, use cases and foundational dependencies for the eight frontier technologies by sector.
Papers, case studies, presentations and research materials on this topic include:
- Transportation: Making the Connections – Reaching the Opportunities
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved urban and infrastructure governance
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved infrastructure services
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved energy services
- Digital solutions for smarter urban infrastructure
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved manufacturing