The ‘digital revolution’ provides significant opportunities for developing countries to diversify their economies, improve sector productivity, build their human capital and enhance governance and public services. But this is by no means guarenteed unless action is taken to harness these opportunities and mitigate risks.
Below are a collection of resources intended to inform donors and governments currently considering programming or interventions, so that the digital revolution can be harnessed as an inclusive and transformational opportunity for developing country cities.
- Report: Urbanisation in a Digital World – Opportunities and actions for governments, donors and the private sector
- Top 4 digital opportunities for urban economic growth
- Urbanisation in a digital world: The importance of cities
- Smart cities in the global South: a path to prosperity or irrelevant luxury?
- Balancing digital risk and opportunity in development
- Digital solutions for smarter urban infrastructure
- Digital solutions for urban governance
- Digital Solutions for Procurement and Operations & Maintenance
- Digital opportunity in cities: Time to leapfrog
- Digital opportunity in cities: Actions for donors
- Digital opportunity in cities: Actions for policy makers
- Digital opportunity in cities: Actions for investors
Other work on digital development:
- Digital Country Benchmarking Tool
- Role of digital in urban youth employment
- What role can technology play in achieving a disability inclusive world?
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved manufacturing
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved energy services
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved infrastructure services
- Frontier Technology solutions for improved urban and infrastructure governance