This Briefing Note offers advice on basic approaches to Disability inclusion via infrastructure and urban interventions. This guidance includes:
- The basic requirements of Disability Inclusion and Universal Design.
- The opportunity and scale-up that infrastructure and urban development offers for delivering better development outcomes for people with disabilities.
- Advice on how to spot opportunities and entry points to integrate Disability Inclusion into new programmes under design or existing programmes in delivery.
- Illustrative examples of good practice from some of DFID’s key partner countries.
- Practical advice on engaging with infrastructure and urban sectors no matter what your cadre affiliation or background, and how many advisers are already doing so.